Personal care at home for elderly people

Help in your own homeIf you are an older person you may need some care and support. This may be because your health or mobility is declining, or you have been in hospital or you have a long term health condition. You may need help with some of these things:


– meal preparation and help to eat
– remembering or taking medication
– household chores

If you feel you need care and support, the first step is to ask Stay Independent to assess your needs. Everyone is entitled to have their needs assessed and a service can be provided.

A Care Plan will be agreed with you, setting out the help you need. The service will be provided by Stay Independent, your approved care at home provider.

Short term support or ‘reablement’

Many people will receive care from our service. This means you will receive intensive support to help you regain your independence for as long as you need it. We constantly review how you are managing and adjust the help you get to meet your individual needs. We will offer ongoing support if you still need help after that time.

If you are 65 or over you maybe entitled to free personal care. Some of your help, such as shopping and housework, may not be free, and you may be required to make a financial contribution. Contact Stay Independent to find out more about the cost of care in your home.

If you receive care and support at home and your needs change, contact Stay Independent so we can re assess your care.

Leave a comment